The Grey opened atop the domestic office last weekend as more moviegoers opted to watch Liam Neeson vs. wolves rather than vampires vs. werewolves in last week’s champ, Underworld: Awakening, which slipped to second place. Katherine Heigl action comedy One For the Money debuted in third place, but fellow opener Man on a Ledge barely cracked the top five. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol crossed the $200 million mark domestically and taking into account its worldwide gross, it has officially become the top grossing film of the Tom Cruise spy series.
Here were the top five in the domestic box office last weekend via BOM:
- The Grey — Weekend Gross: $20 million — Total Gross: $20 million (new)
- Underworld: Awakening – Weekend Gross: $12.5 million — Total Gross: $45.1 million (#1 last week)
- One For the Money — Weekend Gross: $11.8 million — Total Gross: $11.8 million (new)
- Red Tails — Weekend Gross: $10.4 million — Total Gross: $33.8 million (#2 last week)
- Man on a Ledge — Weekend Gross: $8.3 million — Total Gross: $8.3 million (new)