Fast Five slowed down over the weekend and only brought in 37% of the business that it did two weeks ago on its huge opening weekend at the box office. Although Fast Five still made another strong $33 million last weekend, the drop in ticket sales was enough for Thor to take over by doubling Fast Five and bringing in $66 million. Check out the top 5 films at last weekend’s box office via BOM below:
- Thor – Weekend/Total Gross: $66 million (new this weekend)
- Fast Five - Weekend Gross: $32.5 million – Total Gross: $139.9 million (down from #1 last weekend)
- Jumping the Broom – Weekend/Total Gross: $13.7 million (new this weekend)
- Something Borrowed – Weekend/Total Gross: $13.2 million (new this weekend)
- Rio – Weekend Gross: $8.2 million – Total Gross: $114.9 million (down from #2 last weekend)
Both Fast Five and Thor are also battling for the top spot on our Top 100 Stingers list voted on by our site’s users. Fast Five currently has the top spot with 6 more positive votes than Thor. Be sure to check out the top 100 list (here) and vote which film you think had the better extra scene during the credits.