There’s no doubt that Uncharted 3 is a great game and potentially the best game of 2011. But Drake’s Deception was a little short of perfection due to some questionable design decisions made by Naughty Dog that had many people, myself included, upset and stuck trying to wrap their heads around why the developers would purposely make certain areas of their game worse than its predecessor.
Despite many fans, again myself included, making noise over the course of various beta tests, Naughty Dog refused to give in and change what they believed was better for the series. Thankfully and maybe even too little too late for sales, Naughty Dog has finally decided to listen to their fans by inviting them from the official Uncharted forums to their studio in Santa Monica for their input on the controls. After seeing how real fans in person felt the same way as many of those who felt the aiming was far worse than Uncharted 2 and made their voices heard via hundreds of forum threads, Naughty Dog has finally tweaked the controls and released Patch 1.02 in an attempt to fix the aiming… in singleplayer.
In addition to fixing the aiming, 1.02 brings back the much needed campaign cutscene viewer that was strangely missing from the third game in the series. The latest patch also has some other tweaks to the game’s visuals and character movements, but still no word on when we’ll see an update to Uncharted 3‘s multiplayer aiming controls, which is the most important and what we’re all waiting for. Check out a full list of patch notes for 1.02 below:
- Movie cutscene viewer added (in the Bonuses menu, Single-Player only)
- Fixed the missing Motion Blur effects (for Single Player only)
- “Alternate Aim Settings” added to the Options menu under Camera options (for Single Player only)
- Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default
- Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
- Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit.
- Allow grenade throw while scoped
- Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
- Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
- Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
- Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint
- Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches
- Fixed several cinema crashes
- Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
- Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
- Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
- Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
- Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats
- Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab
- Added a Facebook Sign Out option
- Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
- Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
- Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
- Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard.
- Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.
- Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
- Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking